Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Weekend

Hi! I have had a fun few days. On Thursday, we went camping with our friends. I brought my pocket knife and I carved a stick to make a little knife. I got to hike up a mountain. I saw all of the camps that were set up down below. It was fun sleeping in the tent. I heard lots of birds. It got really cold at night. I'm glad that it wasn't winter when we went there! My friends had a hammock that they set up between two trees. I loved laying in it. It felt really good to be by the fire at night. When we woke up in the morning, we heard a strange sound. There were about 12 cows walking next to our camp site making a ton of noise! I also saw a squirrel, squirrel tracks and squirrel holes.

This weekend, we were outside lots. Yesterday we rode bikes in the morning and today we went on a long walk. It was hot but fun!

Tomorrow I get to start swimming lessons. That will be fun!

1 comment:

dandjyoung said...

I'm glad you had fun camping! I hope you have a great time at swimming lesson. My kids like to camp and swim as well. Hope you have a great day!